Mangrove Jack's M15 Empire Ale Craft Series Yeast
A top-fermenting ale yeast suitable for a variety of full bodied ales, with exceptional depth. Ferments with full, rich dark fruit flavors.
- STRAIN CLASSIFICATION: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- RECOMMENDED TEMPERATURE RANGE: 64 - 72°F (18 - 22°C)
- PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS: (5- high, 1- low)
- ATTENUATION: (70 - 75%)
- FLOCCULATION RATE: 4
- COMPACTION: 3
- VIABLE YEAST CELLS: >5 x 109 cells per gram
- DRY WEIGHT: 93 – 96%
- WILD YEAST: <1 per 106 cells
- TOTAL BACTERIA: <1 per 106 cells
- GMO STATUS: GMO Free
- AROMA CHARACTERISTICS:
When fermented at the correct temperature, Empire Ale yeast exhibits extremely characterful and appetizing estery aromas reminiscent of rich dark fruit.
- FLAVOR/MOUTHFEEL CHARACTERISTICS:
This yeast strain has been carefully selected to aid mouth feel in the finished beer. Body should be full leaning towards a rich dark fruit character. Care must be taken when designing the beer to adjust hop bitterness to alleviate an over sweet finished beer.
- HIGHER ALCOHOL BEERS:
Higher alcohol beers will tend to be slightly too sweet and heavy due to the moderate attenuative capabilities of the strain although a lower mash temperature may help the fermentability and lower the final gravity.
- Sprinkle directly on up to 23 L (6 US Gal) of wort. For best results, ferment at 18-22 degrees C (64-72 degrees F).
- Store in the fridge.
|Net Weight||0.35 oz (10 g)|
|Batch Size||6.0 Gallon (23.0 L)|
|Temperature Range||64-72°F (18-22°C)|
BUY MORE & SAVE
|1 - 9||$3.99|
Suitable for Scottish Heavy Ales, American Amber Ales, Sweet Stouts and more.
*Suitable replacement for Mangrove Jack's M03 Newcastle Dark Ale Craft Series Yeast