Mangrove Jack's M42 New World Strong Ale Craft Series Beer Yeast 10 G for 6 Gal
A top-fermenting ale strain suitable for many types of ales of all strengths. Ferments with a neutral yeast aroma to ensure the full character of the malts and hops are prominent in each beer.
- STRAIN CLASSIFICATION: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- RECOMMENDED TEMPERATURE RANGE: 61 - 72°F (16 - 22°C)
- PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS: (5- high, 1- low)
- ATTENUATION: (77 - 82%)
- FLOCCULATION RATE: 5
- COMPACTION: 5
- VIABLE YEAST CELLS: >5 x 109cells per gram
- DRY WEIGHT: 93 – 96%
- WILD YEAST: <1 per 106 cells
- TOTAL BACTERIA: <1 per 106 cells
- GMO STATUS: GMO Free
- AROMA CHARACTERISTICS:
Hops and malt aromas are enhanced and will tend toward earthy, nutty, orange peel, and mild spice. Esters will be nearly absent in normal strength beers fermented cool; below68°F (20°C).
- FLAVOR/MOUTHFEEL CHARACTERISTICS:
Beers fermented with this strain will finish dry, and very light beers will not be thin or watery. Acidity will be low, and mouth feel will be light and soft on the palate with a smooth non astringent texture. As this strain is highly flocculent and resilient and not prone to autolysis, it is excellent for cask or bottle conditioning
- HIGHER ALCOHOL BEERS:
Ester formation will be slightly elevated in higher alcohol beers. The character of the esters will be pleasant with ripe apple and pear dominating, along with faint banana.Beer will be dry, but a perception of malt sweetness will survive in the aftertaste along with malt character and complexity. Alcohol should be warming, not hot
- Sprinkle directly on up to 23 L (6 US Gal) of wort. For best results, ferment at 16-22 degrees C (61-72 degrees F).
- Store in the fridge.
|Net Weight||0.35 oz (10 g)|
|Temperature Range||61-73°F (16-22°C)|