Mangrove Jack's M84 Bohemian Lager Craft Series Beer Yeast 10 G for 6 Gal
A bottom-fermenting lager yeast characterized by its dry and clean palate typical of traditional Czech brewing. Produces soft, delicate and well balanced beers.
- STRAIN CLASSIFICATION: Saccharomyces cerevisiae
- RECOMMENDED TEMPERATURE RANGE: 50 - 59°F (10 - 15°C)
- PERFORMANCE CHARACTERISTICS: (5- high, 1- low)
- ATTENUATION: (72 - 76%)
- FLOCCULATION RATE: 4
- COMPACTION: 4
- VIABLE YEAST CELLS: >5 x 109cells per gram
- DRY WEIGHT: 93 – 96%
- WILD YEAST: <1 per 106 cells
- TOTAL BACTERIA: <1 per 106 cells
- GMO STATUS: GMO Free
- AROMA CHARACTERISTICS:
Classic Bohemian pilsner strain aroma and flavor characteristics can be expected.
- FLAVOR/MOUTHFEEL CHARACTERISTICS:
Hop and malt character will be enhanced and supported by moderate to full body. In wort with simple malt bills, delicate malt flavors will survive. Beer fermented with this strain is generally rich and chewy without being heavy at all. Light and delicately balanced beers call for this strain. Lagering periods as short as 4 weeks may produce acceptable beer but allowing it to lager for 6-8 weeks, it will result in beer that is richer and smoother with a more refined aroma and flavor.
- HIGHER ALCOHOL BEERS:
This strain will perform reasonably well in higher alcohol beer production up to 8%alcohol. Beer of over 7% alcohol will be slightly sweet, and the alcohol may be slightly hot.
- Sprinkle directly on up to 23 L (6 US Gal) of wort. For best results, ferment at 10-15 degrees C (50-59 degrees F).
- Store in the fridge.
|Net Weight||0.35 oz (10 g)|
|Temperature Range||50 - 59°F (10-15°C)|