LalBrew CBC-1 Cask & Bottle Conditioning Yeast
LalBrew® CBC-1 has been specifically selected from the Lallemand Yeast Culture Collection for its refermentation properties and is recommended for Cask and Bottle Conditioning. LalBrew® CBC-1 referments beer efficiently due to its high resistance to alcohol and pressure. The flavor is neutral, therefore the original character of the beer is preserved. The yeast will settle and form a tight mat at the end of refermentation. LalBrew® CBC-1 can also be used for primary fermentation of dry ciders or mead. Maltotriose is not metabolized during primary fermentation of beer, so LalBrew® CBC-1 is well suited for sweeter fruit beers or fullbodied, malty ales.
- Classified as a Saccharomyces cerevisiae, a top fermenting yeast.
- Typical Analysis of LalBrew® CBC-1 yeast:
- Percent solids 93% – 97%
- Living Yeast Cells ≥ 1 x 1010 per gram of dry yeast
- Wild Yeast < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Bacteria < 1 per 106 yeast cells
- Finished product is released to the market only after passing a rigorous series of tests
- *According to the ASBC and EBC methods of analysis
LalBrew® CBC-1 is a killer yeast, meaning it will secrete a toxic protein that can inhibit killer sensitive strains (most brewing strains are killer sensitive). While this is a positive yeast trait when conducting a pure fermentation/refermentation with CBC-1, extra care should be taken to ensure proper cleaning procedures are in place to avoid any cross contamination with other brews.
|Pitching Rate||0.1 g/L|