Imperial A20 Citrus Ale Yeast
Wild saccharomyces yeast strain known to produce a huge citrus fruit ester profile.
Citrus cranks out orange and lemon aromas along with some tropical fruit. Use this strain at high temps for big ester production. A wild saccharomyces strain, it will get a bit funky without the worries of a brettanomyces strain. Keep an eye on your fermentations, it does like to hit a false terminal and then slowly finish out the rest of fermentation.
This strain tests positive for the STA1 gene via PCR analysis and is therefore considered to be Saccharomyces cerevisiae var. diastaticus.
- Temp: 67–80F (19–27C)
- Flocculation: Low
- Attenuation: 74–78%
- Alcohol Tolerance: 10%
- Cell Count: 200 Billion
Recommended Beer Styles:
- Hazy IPA, American Pale Ale, Imperial IPA, Red IPA, White IPA, Red Ale, American Wheat Beer, Black IPA, Robust Porter, American Stout, Winter Seasonal Beer, American Barleywine, Imperial Stout, American Strong Ale, Wheatwine, Cream Ale, Blonde Ale
- Store refrigerated until ready to pitch
- Shake and kneed pouch to homogenize slurry
- Sanitize the sealed pouch
- Open and pitch entire contents into well-aerated wort
For best results we always recommend ordering an ice pack with your liquid yeast.
- Product ID: 4046
- Brand: Imperial Organic Yeast
- SKU: IYA20
- Category: Wild Yeast & Bacteria