Bootleg Biology The Mad Fermentationist Sour Saison Blend
This Sour Saison blend integrates beautifully with fruity and tropical hops, with the unique Brett culture keeping hop aromatics crisp and bright for an extended time. Fine-tuned over two years, this blend morphed over time to become an elegant powerhouse of classic Saison spice, stone-fruit Brett, lactic tartness and a dry but well-rounded body. The final master blend consists of Saison yeast, wild Saccharomyces, rare Brettanomyces and an opportunistic Lactobacillus culture.
At temperatures as low as 68°F The Mad Fermentationist Saison Blend exhibits a relatively clean primary fermentation profile and high attenuation. Traditional saison temperatures (around 80°F) bring out citrus and elevated phenols (pepper and clove). The Brett character shifts depending on wort composition, as maltier beers emphasize cherry and stone fruit qualities.
For best results use a highly fermentable wort, dry hopping during the tail of active fermentation, and carbonating naturally.
Please Note: For best results we Always recommend ordering an Ice Pack with your liquid yeast. Ice Packs can be found below in the "You Might Also Like" section.
|Fermentation Range||68-80° F (20-27° C)|
- Type: Blend of Saccharomyces, Brettanomyces and Lactobacillus cultures
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: 90–100%
- Estimated Final pH: 3.5–3.8
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Citrus, Pepper, Clove, Cherry, Stone Fruit
- Flocculation: Medium
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: 68–80°F
- Product ID: 6111
- Brand: Bootleg Biology
- SKU: Y615
- Category: Wild Yeast & Bacteria