Bootleg Biology Sour Solera Blend
Not your average mass-produced sour blend. Sour Solera™ Blend contains a unique and complex collection of Saccharomyces, Brettanomyces, Lactobacillus, Pediococcus and other funky yeast and souring bacteria pulled from an active fermentation. By comparison, many lab-produced multi-species culture blends fail to reproduce the richness and complexity of traditional lambic-style fermentations in their first effort. This can be a result of artificially slamming together cultures after pulling them directly from the freezer.
Sour Solera™ can sour in a matter of months at 70ºF or higher, or if you prefer a more prolonged fermentation, use large amounts of aged hops and/or ferment and hold at temperatures below 70ºF.
This blend is available seasonally, and will always be changing and evolving due to the nature of solera fermentations. Warning: No two Sour Solera™ Blend releases will be the same, and neither will their fermentations.
Please Note: For best results we Always recommend ordering an Ice Pack with your liquid yeast. Ice Packs can be found below in the "You Might Also Like" section.
|Fermentation Range||70-80° F (21-27° C)|
|Flocculation||Low to Medium|
- Type: Yeast & Lactic Acid Bacteria blend. Saccharomyces, Brettanomyces, Lactobacillus, Pediococcus, and other wild variants.
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: 96–100%
- Estimated Final pH: 3.2–3.5
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Funky, Sour; varies batch-to-batch
- Flocculation: Low to medium; Higher with prolonged aging
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature:
- For quick souring (less than 3 months): 70–80ºF
- For gradual souring: below 70ºF