Bootleg Biology Saison Parfait Yeast Blend
Saison Parfait™ pairs classic pepper and spice saison phenolics with prominent juicy fruit esters that evoke citrus and lemon peel, and a touch of banana for complexity. Even more unique, it finishes with a balanced, full-bodied and silky mouthfeel despite its high attenuation. Bootleg Biology's New World Saison Blend is a new take on the modern saison yeast flavor and aroma profile.
Saison Parfait™ means the “Perfect Season”, and is an ode to the fall harvest season. A time for hard work and also celebration. The peasants of rural Flanders and Wallonia created the Saison, and what we now call Farmhouse beers, to drink for sustenance and merriment. Bruegel likely depicted the drinking of Saison beer in his classic paintings of rural country life, “The Harvesters” and “Peasant Wedding”.
Please Note: For best results we Always recommend ordering an Ice Pack with your liquid yeast. Ice Packs can be found below in the "You Might Also Like" section.
- Type: Brewer’s Yeast. S. cerevisiae, variant
- Pitching Rate: Directly pitchable into 5 gallons of 1.050 or lower wort
- Estimated Attenuation: 90–100%
- Estimated Final pH: 4.1–4.3
- Flavor/Aroma Profile: Peppery spice, juicy citrus, hints of banana
- Flocculation: Medium to High
- Recommended Fermentation Temperature: Normal to High Ale Temperatures
- Product ID: 6116
- Brand: Bootleg Biology
- SKU: Y614
- Category: Wild Yeast & Bacteria